SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 : Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released a notification for recruitment of Group B and Group C Post in various Departments of Government of India. Every year a national exam SSC CGL is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the recruitment of various Group B & C post under various Ministries of Government and other Government Organizations. Here in this post we have covered SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 and SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023.
SSC CGL 2023 Notification PDF
The detailed notification regarding the SSC CGL Recruitment 2023 is available at official website of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Here we also have provided the Notification PDF of the same, that can be downloaded from the direct link provided below.
SSC CGL 2023 Recruitment Notification
SSC CGL 2023 Recruitment Process
- Tier-1 CBT Written Test
- Tier-2 CBT Written Test & DEST
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023
The detailed SSC CGL Syllabus and SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier-1 & Tier-2 CGL examination is covered below.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier 1
SSC CGL Exam Pattern of Tier 1 Paper will consist of four sections. Brief detail about Tier 1 examination is provided below.
- Maximum Marks : 200
- Number of Questions : 100
- Time Allotted : 1 Hour
- Negative Marking : 0.50 for every wrong answer
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 For Tier-1
General Intelligence & Reasoning : It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern- folding& un-folding, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
General Awareness : Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Quantitative Aptitude : The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English Comprehension : Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier 2
SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier 2 examination is provided below in table.
|Paper||Session||Subject||Number of Question||Max Marks|
(2 Hours and 15 Minutes)
Module-I : Mathematical Abilities
Module-II : Reasoning and General Intelligence
|30*2 = 60||180|
Module-I : English Language & Comprehension
Module-II : General Awareness
|70*3 = 210||210|
Module-I : Computer Knowledge Module
|20*3 = 60||60|
Module-II : Data Entry Speed Test Module
|Data Entry Task|
|Paper-II||Statistics||100||100*2 = 200|
|Paper-III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||100*2 = 200|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 For Tier-2
Questions in Module-I of Section- I of Paper-I (Mathematical Abilities) will be of Matriculation Level, in Module-I of Section- II of Paper-I (English Language and Comprehension) of 10+2 Level and in Paper-II and Paper-III of Graduation Level.
Module-I of Session-I of Paper-I (Mathematical Abilities):
- Number Systems : Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations : Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra : Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry : Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration : Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry : Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) etc.
- Statistics and probability : Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart; Measures of central tendency: mean, median, mode, standard deviation; calculation of simple probabilities.
Module-II of Section-I of Paper-I (Reasoning and General Intelligence):
- Questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. These will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Numerical operations, Other sub-topics, if any.
Module-I of Section-II of Paper-I (English Language And Comprehension):
- Vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and their correct usage; Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage. To test comprehension, three or more paragraphs will be given and questions based on those will be asked. At least one paragraph should be a simple one based on a book or a story and the other two paragraphs should be on current affairs, based on a report or an editorial.
Module-II of Section-II of Paper-I (General Awareness):
- Questions are designed to test the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around them and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I (Computer Proficiency):
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), input/ output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back- up devices, PORTs, Windows Explorer. Keyboard shortcuts.
- Software: Windows Operating system including basics of Microsoft Office like MS word, MS Excel and Power Point etc.
- Working with Internet and e-mails: Web Browsing & Searching, Downloading & Uploading, Managing an E-mail Account, e-Banking.
- Basics of networking and cyber security: Networking devices and protocols, Network and information security threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojan etc.) and preventive measures.
Paper-III (General Studies-Finance and Economics):
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks):
- Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Basic concepts of accounting : Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organisations Accounts, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks):
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India : Constitutional provisions, Role and responsibility.
- Finance Commission : Role and functions
- Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
- Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumer’s behaviour Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
- Theory of Production and cost: Meaning and Factors of production; Laws of production- Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale.
- Forms of Market and price determination in different markets: Various forms of markets-Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly and Price determination in these markets.
- Indian Economy: Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectorsRole of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their problems and growth;
- National Income of India : Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income.
- Population : Its size, rate of growth and its implication on economic growth.
- Poverty and unemployment : Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes and incidence of unemployment.
- Infrastructure : Energy, Transportation, Communication.
- Economic Reforms in India: Economic reforms since 1991; Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation and Disinvestment.
- Money and Banking: Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks.
- Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments.
- Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003.
- Role of Information Technology in Governance.
|SSC CGL Recruitment 2023 Notification & Apply Details||Click Here|
|SSC official website||Click Here|
|Other Latest Job openings||Click Here|
What is the SSC CGL Syllabus 2023?
The detailed syllabus of SSC CGL Tier 1 & Tier 2 is covered above in the post.
What is SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023?
Detailed exam pattern is provide above in the article.